Frans Hals Museum - Art Museum in Harlem, known as the Museum of the Golden Age of Dutch painting. The museum was founded in 1862 and originally located in a newly renovated former Cloître in the back of City Hall, known as the Prinsenhof. Basis of the collection was a rich collection of paintings from City Hall that included including more than a dozen paintings by Frans Hals, in whose honor and was named the museum. The museum moved to the present building in 1913 Kolletsiya contemporary art museum located in the branch, located in a former meat and fish trading stalls in the city center.
- Classic collection of the museum is located in the former poorhouse Haarlem (Netherlandish Oudemannenhuis), founded in 1609. The living quarters were arranged around a courtyard, typical harlemskogo hofe. Each of the thirty tiny houses, almshouses was inhabited by two old men, to have the right to live there they should be at least 60 years old, lonely and are inhabitants of Haarlem. In almshouse, each of them took with his belongings: a bed, chair, potty, three blankets, six good shirts and six nightcap. Doors were locked in the poorhouse eight o'clock in the summer and seven winter. The inhabitants of almshouses were regularly beg, a sculpture of the person for alms cup in hand, can be seen in the lobby of the museum. Hospice operated five regents, pictures with their image of the Frans Hals museum exhibits.
- In 1810 the building accommodated an orphanage. Conditions of life in an orphanage in the XIX century are well described in the autobiographical short stories by Jacob Loy. In 1913 the building was transferred to the museum. The old part of the museum's collection originated from the time of the Reformation, and consists mainly of paintings on religious themes. In 1648 the painting owned by the Roman Catholic Church were confiscated by the city council. Frans Hals worked as a restorer of the city's first official hired by the city authorities and is working to restore clicked into the possession of the city fabric. Then in the 17 th century to decorate the town hall city council ordered a few paintings on related past Haarlem historical themes - the siege Damiata and the legend of the shield Haarlem. At this time the Town Hall functioned as a semi-official museum.
- Between 1605 and 1635 years. in Haarlem were created more than 100 thousand paintings. Not all of them survived, most of them are outside of Haarlem in many museums around the world, but this figure gives an idea about the number of the artist creates in the city at that time. Most of the work came to our days largely due to the "Book of the artist" Karel van Mander was published in 1604.
196 HQ JPG | Up to 5100x3240 Pixels | 115 MB
- Alan LaVern Bean (born March 15, 1932) is a former NASA astronaut and currently a painter. Bean was selected to become an astronaut by NASA in 1963 as part of Astronaut Group 3. He made his first flight into space aboard Apollo 12, the second manned mission to land on the Moon, at the age of thirty-seven years in November 1969. During this mission, Bean became the fourth person to walk on the Moon. He made his second and final flight into space on the Skylab 3 mission in 1973, the second manned mission to the Skylab space station. After retiring from the United States Navy in 1975 and NASA in 1981, Bean pursued his interest in painting, depicting various space-related scenes and documenting his own experiences in space as well as that of his fellow Apollo Program astronauts.
- Maurice de Vlaminck (4 April 1876 – 11 October 1958) was a French painter. Along with André Derain and Hеnri Matisse he is considered one of the principal figures in the Fauve movement, a group of modern artists who from 1904 to 1908 were united in their use of intense colour.
IMSI MasterClips 150,000 Classic Art Images
[The Biggest Collection of Engravings, MUST HAVE!]
150.000 TIFF Bitmap Images | Rich Categories | 2.6 GB
- Sadeler (niderl. Sadeler) - a family of Dutch engravers on copper. Its main members: Ian Sadeler (1550-1600 or 1610) first worked in the studio of his father, the Brussels-cutter ornaments on steel and iron items of weapons, and decided to devote himself to art engraving only once did in Amsterdam a few engravings in Krispeyna. -Dr. Brooke. After settling in Munich, S. soon joined the Bavarian duke and began to work hard. Going to Italy in 1595, he lived and worked first in Rome and then to Venice, where, in all likelihood, he died. Ian S. nagravirovano lot of portraits, historical scenes and landscapes. Those of these works, which are performed in Italy are different from his earlier works more free and graceful reception cutter. The most important among his prints, "The Last Judgement" with Schwartz, "God the son, sitting at the right hand of the Father" with Viani, "Cabin Fever" by M. Vos, "The Flood" and "The Last Judgement" with Bernard.
120 Great Flower Paintings - Dover DVD
ISBN:9780486990026 | Author/Editor: Carol Belanger Grafton
- The images on the DVD are saved in high-quality JPEG format in three different sizes: 300-dpi high resolution files with a 15" short dimension, 300-dpi high-resolution files with an 8" short dimension, and 72-dpi Internet-ready files with an 8" short dimension.
- Product Description: This colorful compilation features bouquet after bouquet by the great masters. Featured paintings include van Gogh's Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers, Manet's Crystal Vase with Flowers, and Cézanne's Blue Vase, in addition to works by Renoir, Degas, Millet, Delacroix, Pissarro, Monet, and Cassatt. Each painting can be printed at poster size and you can play a slideshow of the images on your TV or computer.
- Austrian painter. He studied at the School of Art and Industry in Vienna (1875-83). Wrote junction, ornamental symbolic paintings, portraits, landscapes, art nouveau, performing them with mosaic color spots (panels for the "Burgtheater" in Vienna, 1888; portrait of Bloch-Bauer, 1907, the Austrian Gallery, Vienna). One of the founders (1897 ) and President (until 1905) of the Vienna Secession.
The collection of works by the artist from Florida, Carol Carter.
137 JPG | 1600x1600 Pixels | 55 MB
181 RGB JPG Images | <1654x1100 Pixels | 135 MB
Travel surreal and mythical time, a change of scenery and costumes, staging as a way of artistic thinking Danilova allows him to achieve in painting a special grace, to show both festive, dramatic and theatrical life. His stylization accompanied by mild irony, penetrating into the small vibration beautiful fabrics, in primitivizirovanny drawing and delicate coloristic harmony.
All Known Paintings Indexed Year by Year
300 RGB JPG Images | <2980x1600 | 450 MB