Jose Rivas, Spanish Paint Artist - I Hart Color Paintings
240 JPG Images | Up to 1280x1600 Pixels | 108 MB
Serge Marshennikov, Hiperrealist Russian Artist
75 HQ JPG Images | Up to 2948x2545 Pixels | 30 MB
- Serge Marshennikov was born in 1971 in Ufa (Bashkiria, USSR). His grandfather was general manager of the horse breeding company, his father an electric engineer and his mother was in pre-school education For as long as he can remember, Serge always was drawing, painting and sculpting from any material he could get his hands on. His mother encouraged him to study and from an early age he had access to private teachers and art studios. After receiving several awards for his watercolor and pastel paintings, Serge decided to become a professional painter.
- In 1995 he finished the Ufa Art College and then continued education at one of the most prestigious art academies in the world, The Repin Academy of Fine Art in St. Petersburg, Russia. As one of the most talented graduates of the academy, Serge was offered the opportunity to stay for post-graduate studies at the studio of an Academician, Rector of the Academy, with Professor Milnikov.
- Serge’s first solo exhibition was in the gallery “Sangat” of his native UFA in 1995, the year of his graduation form the college. The show was a success and Serge was invited to exhibit at the Artists’ Union gallery. Since that time Serge exhibited on a semi-annual basis, showing his works to his collectors and piers in both St Petersburg and Ufa. Srege’s work caught the eye of a faculty of the Brownwood University in Texas and Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, and Sergey during his post-graduation years exhibited during summers in the art departments of those Universities.
- Serge was awarded “Chairman’s Choice Award” at the 2008/2009 International Art Renewal Center’s salon, and received Certificate of Excellence for his outstanding achievement in art. He was chosen as “Top 30” in 2008 by the Portrait Society of America.
- Serge’s paintings are successfully sold through important art auctions, including famous Christie’s of London and Bonham's in Knightsbridge. His work is in much demand and his prices are constantly rising. Serge’s paintings held in the Museum of Modern Art (El Paso), in The Grace Museum (Abilene), and in many important private collections in Russia, England, Denmark, France and Japan.
- Serge’s biggest influences were Andrew Wyeth & Lucian Freud. From contemporary scene he likes works of Jeremy Lipking. Serge is married, has a 7 year old daughter.