- In the early 1980s, at the start of my career, I had the opportunity to work in a print shop with classic lead setting. In those days I would study issues of U&lc magazine from ITC. What really caught my attention were scripts in the Spencerian style. I’ve been fascinated by this American penmanship tradition ever since.
- A few years ago I developed a font. Boris Bencic used it when he was redesigning L’Officiel magazine in Paris. I took these initial forms and developed them into the font Mommie when I started my own foundry. Although I usually design text typefaces, working on Mommie taught me how complex it can be to create a script headline font. The biggest challenge in this process has been to keep it alive and fresh.
- The Regular weight is only made for very big headlines. The thin lines with the bold drops are very elegant. For smaller sizes use the Medium and Small weight.
- It won the TDC 2008 award and was Judges Choice of Christian Schwartz.
Glenda Font Family 2xOTF - Hubert Jocham €78
- Glenda is again an italic script like Mommie. In the Regular the characters join and it looks like a neatly written sprencerian handwriting. But like Narziss it has got a Swirls version too. Every glyph and swirl is carefully designed to work in every connection. Use Glenda at only very large sizes.
OTF | WOFF
Typography inspired and designed for video games or applications online, a fat and heavy typography with different alternatives, swash, set dingbat, rough, and also contains Cyrillic alphabet, which also have swash, "Munky" invites the designer, to create dynamic titles and quite entertaining way.
ATN | 100+ Photo Actions |+ Bonus
Artistic | Autumn | Beautifying retouches | Black and white | Cinematic effects | Color Balance | Contrast, brightness, sharpeness | Dark | Detail | Dramatic | Emo | Enhancers | Face Retouches | Films | Glamor | Glow | Helpers | Infrared | Light touch | Old photo | Pencil art | Pencil sketch | Poloroid | Retro | Vintage | Watercolor | Sepia | Sharpening | Skin | Summer | Special effects | Wedding
OTF | WOFF
The inspiration for this typeface came from the epigraph on a frame of a nineteenth century painting. I was fascinated by the peculiar capitals of the inscription. The high contrast, and the overall quirkiness, especially the tail of the R and the oblique stems on the M, was interesting. I decided to draw a display font with high contrast and a vertical axis, in a reference to the transitional form. Still I wanted to capture the spirit of the original letters, which to me are so imbued with Romanticism. This approach allowed for some exuberance on the regular style, but also led to more calligraphic letterforms in the italic – in which “the flow of the curves” lead the way. To add to this epigraphic nature there is a number of ornaments that accompany words accordingly to their uppercase or lowercase form. For versatility there’s also a good amount of ligatures, alternative glyphs, and a special set of ornamental numbers.
Lewis is a stencil typeface inspired by vintage sign painting. Lewis is designed for display use within printed publications as it has a high contrast of organic forms. Lewis consists of 3 styles; Classic, Display and Inline. Each style is based on the same skeleton but with a different personality. The Classic style is a simple and elegant stencil typeface which is also the original structure of Lewis. The Display style features intertwined flourish like parts and the last member of the family is the Inline style which features subtle internal details.
OTF | 3 Fonts | JPG Preview | 5.1 Mb RAR
Yasashii Font Family $49.95 | 4 x TTF and OTF
Yasashii is an art deco font based on Japanese designs for cosmetic packaging and posters used from the end of the 19th century to the early 20th.
Cotoris Font Family $63 | 4 x TTF and OTF