765 HQ JPG Images | 2414x3000 | 211 MB
- Gil Elvgren (March 15, 1914 – February 29, 1980), born Gillette Elvgren, was an American painter of pin-up girls, advertising and illustration. Elvgren was one of the most important pin-up and glamour artists of the twentieth century. Today he is best known for his pin-up paintings for Brown & Bigelow. Elvgren studied at the American Academy of Art.
Natural landscapes on Canvases of Russian Artists, 139 Paintings HQ
139 JPG Canvases with Artist's Names | <3185x1144 Pixels | 179 MB
- Chinese tattoo master Hailin Fu is currently on his way back to China after an extended guest spot in Canada. He will be heading back to China to co-curate the "Death" art show with Damian McGrath of Tattoos.com opening end of October in Beijing. We will be posting information on Hailin's latest projects on this site as well as sharing videos and photos from his latest work. This site is a gateway to all of the social media channels as well as an archive of Hailin's tattoo and art work. Hailin Fu will have prints of his works on sale at the Calgary Tattoo and Arts Fesitival at the Tattoos.com booth Oct. 14th-16th. We will be updating this site in english mostly for what is going on outside of China when Hailin is traveling to western conventions or tattooing outside of asia. We will post videos of his work as Damian from Tattoos.com joins him for a month in China.
120 Great Flower Paintings - Dover DVD
ISBN:9780486990026 | Author/Editor: Carol Belanger Grafton
- The images on the DVD are saved in high-quality JPEG format in three different sizes: 300-dpi high resolution files with a 15" short dimension, 300-dpi high-resolution files with an 8" short dimension, and 72-dpi Internet-ready files with an 8" short dimension.
- Product Description: This colorful compilation features bouquet after bouquet by the great masters. Featured paintings include van Gogh's Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers, Manet's Crystal Vase with Flowers, and Cézanne's Blue Vase, in addition to works by Renoir, Degas, Millet, Delacroix, Pissarro, Monet, and Cassatt. Each painting can be printed at poster size and you can play a slideshow of the images on your TV or computer.
Cecily Mary Barker [1895-1973] - Flower Fairies
133 JPG Images | up to 3508x2480 Pixels | 65 MB
- Cicely Mary Barker (28 June 1895 – 16 February 1973) was an English illustrator best known for a series of fantasy illustrations depicting fairies and flowers. Barker's art education began in girlhood with correspondence courses and instruction at the Croydon School of Art. Her earliest professional work included greeting cards and juvenile magazine illustrations, and her first book, Flower Fairies of the Spring, was published in 1923. Similar books were published in the following decades. Barker was a devout Anglican, and donated her artworks to Christian fundraisers and missionary organizations. She produced a few Christian-themed books such as The Children’s Book of Hymns and, in collaboration with her sister Dorothy, He Leadeth Me. She designed a stained glass window for St. Edmund's Church, Pitlake, and her painting of the Christ Child, The Darling of the World Has Come, was purchased by Queen Mary. Barker was equally proficient in watercolour, pen and ink, oils, and pastels. Kate Greenaway and the Pre-Raphaelites were the principal influences on her work. She claimed to paint instinctively and rejected artistic theories. Barker died in 1973. Though she published Flower Fairy books with spring, summer, and autumn themes, it wasn't until 1985 that a winter collection was assembled from her remaining work and published posthumously.
Sotheby's Auction Lots - Paris Modern Art
453 JPG Art Works of 68 Artists and Painters | up to 4000x3060 | 308 MB
- School of Paris (French: Ecole de Paris) refers to three distinct groups of artists: a group of medieval manuscript illuminators, and a group of non-French artists working in Paris before World War I, and a similar group of artists living in Paris between the two world wars and beyond. The School of Paris describes, not an art movement or a learning institution, but instead is more indicative of the importance of Paris as a center of Western art in the early decades of the 20th century.
- The group of non-French artists in Paris before World War I created in the styles of Post-Impressionism, Cubism, and Fauvism, and includes artists like Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall, Amedeo Modigliani, Piet Mondrian and French artists like Pierre Bonnard, Henri Matisse, Jean Metzinger and Albert Gleizes.
- Many of these same artists, plus Jean Arp, Amedeo Modigliani, Robert Delaunay, Sonia Delaunay, Joan Miro, Constantin Brancusi, Raoul Dufy, Rene Iche, Tsuguharu Foujita, Emmanuel Mane-Katz; the Artists from Belarus, including Chaim Soutine, Michel Kikoine, Pinchus Kremegne, Ossip Zadkine, Jacques Lipschitz; the Russian prince born in Saint Petersburg Alexis Arapoff, and others worked in Paris between World War I and World War II, in various styles including Surrealism and Dada. A significant group of Jewish artists working together came to be known as the Jewish School of Paris. This group included Mané-Katz, Soutine, Marc Chagall, Moise Kisling, and Jules Pascin.
- After the Second World War the term School of Paris often referred to Tachisme, Lyrical Abstraction, the European equivalent of American abstract expressionism and those artists are also related to Cobra. Important proponents were Jean Dubuffet, Pierre Soulages, Nicolas de Staël, Hans Hartung, Serge Poliakoff, Bram van Velde, Georges Mathieu and Jean Messagier, among others.
All Known Paintings Indexed Year by Year
300 RGB JPG Images | <2980x1600 | 450 MB
- Sadeler (niderl. Sadeler) - a family of Dutch engravers on copper. Its main members: Ian Sadeler (1550-1600 or 1610) first worked in the studio of his father, the Brussels-cutter ornaments on steel and iron items of weapons, and decided to devote himself to art engraving only once did in Amsterdam a few engravings in Krispeyna. -Dr. Brooke. After settling in Munich, S. soon joined the Bavarian duke and began to work hard. Going to Italy in 1595, he lived and worked first in Rome and then to Venice, where, in all likelihood, he died. Ian S. nagravirovano lot of portraits, historical scenes and landscapes. Those of these works, which are performed in Italy are different from his earlier works more free and graceful reception cutter. The most important among his prints, "The Last Judgement" with Schwartz, "God the son, sitting at the right hand of the Father" with Viani, "Cabin Fever" by M. Vos, "The Flood" and "The Last Judgement" with Bernard.
Norman Rockwell [1894-1978] American Painter & Illustrator
150 HQ JPG Images | Up to 2949x3000 Pixels | 154 MB
- Norman Percevel Rockwell (February 3, 1894 – November 8, 1978) was a 20th-century American painter and illustrator. His works enjoy a broad popular appeal in the United States for their reflection of American culture. Rockwell is most famous for the cover illustrations of everyday life scenarios he created for The Saturday Evening Post magazine for more than four decades. Among the best-known of Rockwell's works are the Willie Gillis series, Rosie the Riveter (although his Rosie was reproduced less than others of the day), Saying Grace (1951), The Problem We All Live With, and the Four Freedoms series. He is also noted for his work for the Boy Scouts of America (BSA); producing covers for their publication Boys' Life, calendars, other illustrations, and for his covers on the Saturday Evening Post, a magazine edited by George Horace Lorimer.